Sunday, July 18, 2010

Muncie Endurathon

July 10, 2010 - The Muncie Endurathon half ironman distance (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) event had great weather and a wonderful course.  It was nice to take the family along the day before to pick up race registration and eat at the pasta dinner.  Having to drive back home and then up at 4 am to drive back was not so much fun.  The swim is longer than it looks.  Orange swim hats and orange buoys made for a longer swim and sun was blinding after the first turn. One person was hanging onto one of the buoys.

The bike was fast and flat.  Bonked half way though because I didn't eat enough early on the bike. Good lesson for Louisville. I also need to drink less lake water to avoid the hoards of bikes passing me by while attending to the call of nature in the spacious confines of a roadside portalet.  I was glad when the bike was complete as I had some sort of sciatic pain down my leg after the swim for the whole ride. Another good lesson to get in the pool more but time is running out.

The run was Hot, Hot, Hot. There was a little shade running out but the return trip sucked the energy out of the legs.  Lots of volunteers and aid stations which was great and timely.  I can't believe i have to double this in 6 weeks.  Should be interesting. Results.     

No comments:

Post a Comment