Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cicero Triathlon - Best at 40

 August 6, 2011 - Cicero, IN - Achieved my first triathlon Age Group award this weekend by placing 4th out of 32 in the M40-44 group with a time of 57:02.  Since the field was split into two groups (40 and over/under 40) and the winner was removed from my AG awards I moved into 3rd. Thanks for the gift certificate to the Runner's Forum.  

The course started with a unique short 350 yard swim across Morse Lake.  The 9.5 mile bike loop course was mainly flat through a residential section and across country roads.  The  3.1 run looped mainly through quiet residential neighborhoods with a couple of small hills.


After the 7 min swim, I was concerned with having to use my old road bike in the race as my tri bike was crushed a couple weeks ago.  Felt pretty good with a 22.1 average but was concerned I left it all on the bike.  A small incline on the beginning of the run locked up my calf with a cramp; I worked through it and finished with a 7:07 pace. A good day overall. 
 
RACE RESULTS



No comments:

Post a Comment