Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Door County Half Iron Triathlon


July 17, 2011 - Egg Harbor, WI - Physical and Mechanical Difficulties.  July 22 was an unusually hot day for upper Wisconsin. The temps reached the 90's with high humidity. Coming in with poor fitness made it a long day on the run. A lot of ice down the shirt and walking in the hot sun up some steep hills led to an 11:41 pace on the run. This was my slowest 70.3 at 6:27 to place in the top 50%. I was just happy to get across the line, especially as my kids ran down the long finishing shoot with me. A much needed week vacation enhanced recovery the following week.

Results

On the trip home after two days of travel and long drives the tri bike experienced the greatest trauma of the week as it was forced into the top of the garage door while still attached to top of the car. Accidents happen, but I would have preferred it happened to my 10 yr old road bike. Now it is time to look for a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment